Who is eligible to enroll under MiCare?
- All full-time employees of the National Government of the Federated States of Micronesia shall participate in the plan.
- The full-time employees of each participating agency and business which has entered into a contract with the Plan, whereby such agencies or businesses have agreed to participate in the plan.
- The dependents of full-time employees of the National Government, participating agencies and participating businesses;
- Members of an employee’s household who are dependent upon the employee, but are not otherwise defined as “dependents” if the employee pays 100 percent of the premiums for such persons to the plan;
- Government employees whose State or agency does not participate in the plan, and their dependents, if they pay 100 percent of the premiums for themselves and the dependents to the plan;
- Former enrollees in the plan, and their dependents, if they pay 100 percent of the premiums for themselves and their dependents to the plan;
- Full-time students enrolled at any post-secondary institution in the FSM, if the post-secondary institution has entered into a contract of participation with the plan and the students pay 100 percent of the premium for themselves to the plan; and
- Individuals who were previously enrolled in the Plan as dependents of primary enrollees if they pay 100 percent of the premiums
The last criterion is a result of a recent amendment to the MiCare enabling law. See also Public Law 20-72 under Laws and Regulations.
See MiCare Brochure for more information. Click Here.